Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
You will join our Payments Operations team and will play an integral role in the preliminary risk assessment process. Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes billions in transaction volume. You will help us build the team, processes, and systems to ensure we effectively, and profitably, evaluate risk and underwrite our clients.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and approve good payment business opportunities to help grow margin while rejecting/declining deals that are assessed to be outside of Lightspeed’s risk appetite.
- Conduct risk assessment and accord of applications in the underwriting queue within assigned businesses, in line with acceptable risks as defined within the payment operation policies.
- Perform due diligence in support of all sub-merchant applications.
- Interact with the sales teams to help potential payment customers secure payment products and services.
- Protect the interests of Lightspeed by ensuring the sub-merchant application is being adjudicated in accordance with assigned discretionary limits and established guidelines.
- Help design procedures for escalating suspect fraud cases: creating mechanisms by which risk-appropriate adjustments can be incorporated within the fraud management process to reduce potential losses.
- Contribute to operational improvements to streamline procedures/processes and enhance service.
- Assist with weekly, and monthly reporting for the Underwriting department as a means of providing intelligence to various stakeholders.
- Escalate with recommendation those applications that exceed discretionary limits and established guidelines.
- Experience or education in Risk, Payments, Credit, Lending or within the Banking industry or similar
- Credit and risk acumen with knowledge of risk and underwriting investigation
- Excellent communication in English (verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other business-related field
- Knowledge of Risk and underwriting tools
- Experience in the rulling of complex sub-merchant applications
- Knowledge of card brand (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) rules; merchant category codes
- Working knowledge of the payments industry/merchant acquiring is preferred.
- You have the natural curiosity to investigate and understand when something is wrong
- You have a logic mindset and can come up with conclusions with little information
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- RRSP Contribution
- $500 Health & Wellness Credit
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental Health Online Platform, and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning License
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!