Reporting to the Payments Development Manager, you will lead and manage a squad of Site Reliability Engineers in delivering continuous improvements to the stability and efficiency of our software delivery processes. You will support other development teams in implementing best practices and principles for reliability, performance and scalability.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Guiding the continuous improvement of our software delivery processes within the Payments organization
- Designing and deploying automation solutions to manage the monitoring and hardening of our product development infrastructure
- Development of CI/CD pipelines with respect for Payments performance and security standards, with an emphasis on self-service and cloud platform integration
- Supporting other Payments teams in the provisioning and delivery of scalable, reliable and cost-efficient infrastructure and services
- Identifying and prioritizing key tasks and deliverables in support of the Payments roadmap
- Leading a squad of 3-5 engineers through coaching and mentorship, performance review and evaluation
- Representing the squad in Payments strategy and sync meetings
- Executing and improving agile ceremonies and team processes
- Writing and maintaining technical and business documentation
- Participating in Payments on-call rotation for assistance and remediation during incidents and outages
- Defining and maintaining SLIs, SLOs and SLAs in Payments
- Coordinating and collaborating with the Global Lightspeed SRE teams
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Two+ years experience leading and managing an SRE/Devops/Systems/Infrastructure Engineering team
- Five+ years experience in Devops/Systems Engineering/Infrastructure Engineering
- Experience delivering scalable CI/CD solutions to organizations (CircleCI, GitLab, GitHub Actions, etc)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Good understanding of agile development and best practices, software development tools, processes, methods and testing
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform and databases
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting tools (New Relic, Datadog, etc)
- A modern understanding of how software testing and quality assurance fits in with CI/CD
- Strong experience in Security
Who you are
- A leader with strong people skills, with the ability to manage and represent the team
- A teacher and mentor helping individuals to learn and reach their potential
- A communicator who can clearly convey requirements and status updates
- A problem solver who embraces tackling complexity
- Decisive - able to handle change and ambiguity
- Able to take initiative and think outside the box
- A person with great energy and passion for technology
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!