As part of Lightspeed’s Golf product group, you will contribute to initiatives that will expand our reach within the golf market while enhancing our cloud-based golf management platforms.
We’re looking for a mid-level back-end developer to join and contribute to our feature building squad. This team is responsible for building functionalities that have a direct impact on our customers' joy & satisfaction in using our product, as well as helping expand our reach in different markets and geographies.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Design and build features used by both club owners and golfers
- Help us architecture our API and application back-end to support our growth
- Be part of conversations around improving our application but also the dev experience
- Report to the Team Lead of Development and have frequent interactions with Product Managers, Product Designers, as well as Customer Service.
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies and share new ideas based on your knowledge and experience.
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience with modern web-frameworks (Rails, Spring, Laravel, Django, …)
- Experience with OOP, ORM, and MVC concepts
- Experience delivering product features autonomously
- Understanding of software development best practices, including testing
- A innate customer and product-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills
Even better, but not necessary
- Experience with Ruby on Rails - Our codebase is in RoR
- Critical thinking regarding performances and architecture
- Experience mentoring or coaching team members
- Experience with DDD and software architecture
- Experience with CI/CD tools and practices
*Not sure if you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Innovation time to explore and learn at work
- Shaping the company by joining cultural & technical committees
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!