As a Front-end Software Developer you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our Cloud POS. You will join our global team of developers to use cutting edge technologies to help restaurant owners to provide the best experience to their customers. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities! For this role, you can be located in Germany, the Netherlands, UK, France, Switzerland, Belgium or work fully remote within the EMEA region.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Contribute to our product by building new features
- Work as part of a squad with Product Managers, Product Designers and Developers with expertise in various domains
- Day-to-day close collaboration with fellow skilled Developers as part of horizontal
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovate ideas and implement solutions
- Advocate for highest code quality and ownership, while joining us on the journey of CI/CD
- Extend your very own skills by learning from and growing with the team
- Innovating and coming up with new ideas
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- On the path to reach In-depth knowledge of at least one frameworks such as React, Node.js, Next.js, Vue.js
- Experience with testing tools like Jest and/or Cypress
- Good conceptual understanding of software design and code beauty
- Excellent communication skills
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Computer Sciences degree or equivalent
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience working with containerized applications deployed with Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with design systems build upon emotion and styled-components
- Knowing the ins and outs of Graphql
Who you are
- You are a team-player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your own experience.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- You are always seeking improvement and progress.
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes.
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
Über Lightspeed POS Inc.
Lightspeed POS Inc. (TSX: LSPD) ist eine cloudbasierte Handelsplattform, die von kleinen und mittelständischen Unternehmen in über 100 Ländern der Welt genutzt wird. Mit intelligenten, skalierbaren und zuverlässigen Kassensystemen ist es eine Komplettlösung, die Restaurants und Einzelhändler dabei unterstützt, kanalübergreifend zu verkaufen, den Betrieb zu verwalten, mit Kunden in Kontakt zu treten, Zahlungen zu akzeptieren und ihr Geschäft zu erweitern.
Lightspeed mit Hauptsitz in Montreal, Kanada, ist auf über 900 Mitarbeiter angewachsen, mit Niederlassungen in Kanada, USA, Europa und Australien.