We are looking for a Social Media & Community Management Intern to join our Marketing team. You will be a voice for our customers on our global social platforms, assisting in building our relationships, monitoring and analysing our platforms and contributing to new social media campaigns and opportunities.
You have a strong passion for social media, writing and marketing coupled with a love of process and a can-do attitude. We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, and a strong desire to learn. We're a fun team and have a great company culture. With talented marketing teams throughout Europe, North America and Australia, you’ll have lots of opportunities to collaborate internationally—we can’t wait to meet you!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing our global community on social media and connecting with our customers to build strong relationships and locate marketing opportunities.
- Assist with social media campaigns encompassing both paid and organic social strategy from conception to reporting and analytics.
- Stay up to date with current social media trends and identify opportunities and pain points from which we can grow our brand presence online.
- Identify influencers in our community and collaborate on building our influencer program from the ground up.
- Do market research and various ad hoc tasks.
- Coordinate the scheduling and distribution of original content through social media.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Studies in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Translation or Marketing;
- An understanding of digital marketing principles (content marketing, content performance, SEO, Google Analytics).
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills;
- Be a great team player
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Retail, Restaurant or eCommerce experience;
- Experience with writing blogs;
- Experience with WordPress;
- Passion for technology
- Fluency in other languages (preferably French)
This is what we offer:
- Free training sessions and coaching on social management
- Exciting marketing opportunities at a growing company with a fast-paced environment
- Great teams and awesome colleagues!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!