Want to work on global systems with a global team? Lightspeed powers cafes and restaurants in over 100 countries around the world. You’ll be joining our hospitality division, working with development squads to build and maintain our POS products.
You’ll act as primary SRE on several of these products
- One of ~10 SREs in hospitality, ~30 company-wide
- SREs work across Australia, Europe, and North America
- Own and support globally distributed products
As SRE, you are an expert at “running our product code in production”. You will work closely with development squads, often several at once. You’ll be the subject matter expert on the interaction between code and cloud.
- Provide SRE expertise to development squads
- Understand our products and their business requirements
- Act as an advocate for cloud native, devops, security, continuous delivery, infrastructure as code, automation, etc
Day to day, your work will vary. You might be:
- Architecting new systems
- Building new infrastructure (or fixing old infrastructure)
- Working on deployment pipelines
- Debugging weird behaviour / responding to outages
- Automating yourself out of a job
- Documenting knowledge
- Being on-call
You’ll be doing all the above while keeping yourself on-target and organised.
Work on projects in an Agile process, both solo and in teams
Align your (and others) work with long-term SRE strategies
Plan and prioritise work with your team
Finally, there is an on-call component to this job. We believe in building systems that don’t fail, and in giving development teams the time support to ensure this. But a few times a year, you may be called up.
What You Bring
- A customer-focused vision of SRE
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Great knowledge of:
- Cloud infrastructure (ideally: AWS, GCP)
- Kubernetes (Helm, ArgoCD)
- CI/CD for applications and infrastructure
- Infrastructure as code (ideally: Terraform)
- Configuration management
- Self-service and cloud automation
- Security, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc
- Experience mentoring and training other SREs
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Flexible working arrangements
- Brew up? We have a full self-service cafe set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters (think Sample, Industry Beans etc.), with our very own coffee experts floating around to teach you a trick or two
- Fully stocked fridge of different craft beers #PoweredByLightspeed
- Work hard and play hard with table tennis and foosball
- Organised activities such as hackathons, board game nights
Lightspeed hires the best and brightest. You’ll be joining a team who love creating unique experiences for our partners and customers.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!