Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join one of our international squads with members located across Germany, Belarus and the UK. As part of the EMEA Market Fit squad you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our advanced hospitality commerce platform.
Our mission is to make sure that our flagship product is the perfect match for our target audience in EMEA (Germany, France, UK, Switzerland). We make sure that customers in those regions have all the necessary tools in order to drive a successful business.
Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences hospitality!
For admin reasons and for this position, you can be based in/open to relocate to either Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Northern Ireland, France or Belgium. It is ok to work fully remotely within those countries.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will contribute to the omnichannel product by building new features and creative workflows.
- Collaborating and having frequent interactions with Product Managers, Product Designers as well as Platform Teams.
- Taking part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you need to bring:
- Design and create beautiful, elegant and functional web applications
- Build responsive web applications
- Knowledge of React.js and Next.js
- Knowledge of GraphQL or RestAPI
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Experience developing in a back-end for front-end layer
- Familiarity with writing tests and ensuring highest coding standards
- We look for problem solvers that do not shy away from tackling complexity, and love critical thinkers
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of comfort zone
- You have a great energy and passion for technology
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience in development of mobile first applications
- Experience with developing Grails applications
- Familiarity with modern cloud infrastructures
- Keen eye for UI/UX design
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth, but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry (may vary upon your location):
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- 28 days holiday and flexible working policy
- Company pension program
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Volunteer day
- Corporate Benefits Card
- Subsidized public transit
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!