Lightspeed is on a mission to change the world! As the Sr. Compensation Specialist, you will build the frameworks needed to ensure that our world-changing talent is paid properly. You’ll engage with HR partners and Business Leaders around the world to support employees in close to 15 countries. You’ll drive the development of the Company’s compensation philosophy and structure, provide expert counsel on matters related to salary and other cash and non-cash rewards.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Define the Guardrails - You lead the development and implementation of the organization’s pay levels and ranges.
- Pay Properly - You’ll support People Partners and Talent Acquisition by determining competitive rewards including base salary, bonuses, equity programs and adapt on an ongoing basis as necessary.
- Keep us Compliant - Ensure that the company's global pay systems comply with local legislation by partnering with local HR teams.
- Know Which Option to Use - Work with managers to help develop promotion and retention strategies for existing employees using a catalogue of options.
- Own the Processes - Define and run company wide pay events including managing the merit and promotion cycles.
- M&A Integration – You will define and manage the integration of acquired companies into the Lightspeed pay program.
- Consolidate for consistency - You will actively work on consolidating international compensation practices:
- Job Descriptions
- Job Evaluation
- Base salary
- Various bonuses (Annual bonus, retention bonus, signature bonus, etc.)
- Various Equity grants (Share Units, Stock Options)
- Teach - You will build comprehensive training material and expertly educate the business on Compensation Best Practices
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- You bring an approachable and engaging personality to a team of like-minded and ambitious professionals
- Proven experience with multi-national pay programs at minimum but ideally you have several years of hands-on global experience in tech.
- You have a way with spreadsheets and likely take it personally when people talk about them in a negative sense (and that’s okay!)
- You need to have a good handle on different job levelling models, ideally AON Radford or the Mercer Career Framework.
- You are a strong communicator - you are the kind of person that could present a tax return and make it an engaging and lively presentation.
- Not all the answers are clear so you’ll need to cycle quickly between strategic and tactical thinking all while maintaining a clear understanding of the desired end state.
- You can work well with ambiguity and if you can’t operate in the gre(a)y, you might find this specific role unrewarding.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- You’ve ‘been there – done that!’ when it comes to building a compensation program from scratch
- You have built or rebuilt Commission and other short-term variable compensation programs
- You’ve been part of the team who implemented a modern HR system and you know how you can use technology to improve program delivery
- You may have a related certification (or 3)
- You speak English and another language or two. We may not need them today but we likely will in the future
Who you are
- Relaxed but Professional
What’s in it for you
You will get the opportunity to apply your Compensation Management experience to create the program which will help Lightspeed become the company it dreams of being. A global player, built around highly skilled professionals doing amazing things for small to medium sized business around the globe. This is not just an ordinary Compensation Management role, it’s the oils that makes the gears work.
Über Lightspeed POS Inc.
Lightspeed POS Inc. (TSX: LSPD) ist eine cloudbasierte Handelsplattform, die von kleinen und mittelständischen Unternehmen in über 100 Ländern der Welt genutzt wird. Mit intelligenten, skalierbaren und zuverlässigen Kassensystemen ist es eine Komplettlösung, die Restaurants und Einzelhändler dabei unterstützt, kanalübergreifend zu verkaufen, den Betrieb zu verwalten, mit Kunden in Kontakt zu treten, Zahlungen zu akzeptieren und ihr Geschäft zu erweitern.
Lightspeed mit Hauptsitz in Montreal, Kanada, ist auf über 900 Mitarbeiter angewachsen, mit Niederlassungen in Kanada, USA, Europa und Australien.