As a Quality Specialist in the Information Systems department you will be working alongside product managers and devs to ensure a quality evolution of our internal tools and systems, building new features and supporting our evolving business processes.
What we need from you:
- Work as a member of an agile software development team, providing test effort estimates and timely validation of new features and functionality during each development iteration.
- Collaborate with software developers and technical support experts to identify, document, resolve and test systems defects.
- Develop, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases based on the functional and technical requirements
- Perform testing on internal tools and systems such as SFDC, NetSuite..
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to refine and improve the company's test methodologies, software development processes, and internal testing tools.
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the development process.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience in functional testing and integration testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Track record of showing excellent judgment in test planning, issue escalation and release decisions
- Shown ability to focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies
- Organized and reliable, able to efficiently run multiple tasks
- Ability to produce detail-oriented documentation
- Great attitude and work ethics
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with test automation, performance and/or security testing tools
- Experience with scripting languages and testing REST-like APIs
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices
- Knowledge of Testrail
- Solid understanding of various testing techniques and tools, including Postman
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Finance and Accounting knowledge
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!