As a part of Lightspeed Quality Assurance department, you will contribute by reinforcing the quality standards at Lightspeed. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring software quality through continuous involvement in our software processes. You will validate an array of payment products and technologies by manually testing using various testing techniques and tools.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Play a key role in the efforts of keeping product quality to the highest standards, making sure our customers have the best user experience
- Work as a member of an agile software development team, providing test effort estimates, timely validation and visibility on the testing activities status during each development iteration
- Design, review, maintain and execute manual tests
- Document test plans and procedures
- Identify opportunities for test automation
- Lead and participate in the release testing efforts for the product deployment
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to identify, document and resolve product defects
- Report to the test lead and have frequent interactions with developers, test automation developers, designers and product managers
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership throughout the development process, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team (Must Have)
- 3+ years of experience performing manual tests in a Quality Assurance role
- Experience in functional testing and integration testing
- Experience with API testing
- Track record of showing excellent judgement in test planning, issue escalation and release decisions
- Strong analytical skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Experience with agile development processes and practices
- Ability to prioritize day to day tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Team player who works collaboratively to achieve a common goal
- Ability to anticipate, recognize and solve problems
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience testing payment products
- Knowledge of Lightspeed or other POS products
- Salesforce testing experience
- Working knowledge of retail terminology and concepts
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail, Charles and Postman
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!