You will be responsible for the direction of the software developer platforms and functionality that cuts across multiple products, ensuring software developers at Lightspeed are empowered to solve problems using a scalable, performant, customizable development ecosystem.
As a part of Lightspeed's Engineering and Architecture group, you will be driving the development of platform initiatives including the API platform and Web Foundation as well as initiatives that span multiple products such as customer single sign-on across Lightspeed products. Your work will have a direct impact on Products by improving the Time-to-Market of their development efforts while trusting the underlying technology to provide the required scalability, performance and security.
You will build strong relationships with stakeholders from each Product and Technology unit, constantly eliciting emerging requirements and validation from all internal stakeholders. You will work closely with the back-end and front-end platform engineering teams as well as the data operation teams, in order to realize the roadmaps you drive.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Define & maintain the product roadmap
- Prepare high level product definition documents (product memos) during ideation phase, working with design team, to obtain stakeholder approval
- Identify potential business partners to accelerate time to market
- Prepare financial models to place value on new features & participate in product pricing discussions
- Writing & grooming of product backlogs & the sprint objectives
- Define and track (after release) new feature criteria for success KPI’s
- Customer engagement, acquisition, monetization retention
- Create effective quarterly product communication
- Participate in external “community”
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience in cloud based SaaS business environments
- Experience evolving in Agile/Scrum development cycle, building and delivering high quality software on time.
- Understanding of digital marketing
- Experience working with UX/UI design teams
- Knowledge of A/B Web testing tools such as Optimizly
- Knowledge of product instrumentation / analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, Segment, Intercom,
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Keen interest in marketing
- Keen interest in product optimization, A/B testing
- Strong analytical skills
- Eloquent presentation & communication skills
- Ability to work cross team organizations
- Ability to work in fast paced Agile development environment
- Self motivated with good analytics capability, excellent hands-on skills and someone that enjoys delivering products
- Results oriented & able to contribute in team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you:
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Über Lightspeed POS Inc.
Lightspeed POS Inc. (TSX: LSPD) ist eine cloudbasierte Handelsplattform, die von kleinen und mittelständischen Unternehmen in über 100 Ländern der Welt genutzt wird. Mit intelligenten, skalierbaren und zuverlässigen Kassensystemen ist es eine Komplettlösung, die Restaurants und Einzelhändler dabei unterstützt, kanalübergreifend zu verkaufen, den Betrieb zu verwalten, mit Kunden in Kontakt zu treten, Zahlungen zu akzeptieren und ihr Geschäft zu erweitern.
Lightspeed mit Hauptsitz in Montreal, Kanada, ist auf über 900 Mitarbeiter angewachsen, mit Niederlassungen in Kanada, USA, Europa und Australien.