Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We're looking for a Product Designer to join our team in North America. As a Product Designer you will oversee and take responsibility for the successful delivery of a range of design projects at Lightspeed: user interface, user experience design, as well as internal development projects, innovation proposals and related special project activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, Content Design, and other key players to envision and build digital products following usability standards while supporting our business goals;
- Assist in customer interviews and user testing sessions to understand our customers motivations and needs;
- Transform research and requirements into deliverables that demonstrate an intuitive user experience;
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across use cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups;
- Follow established Lightspeed design system patterns while expanding the framework throughout product evolution;
We're looking for an Intermediate Product Designer with these minimum qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience creating digital products following all stages of the design thinking process;
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product design skills;
- Experience designing for both user experiences and user interfaces;
- Deep knowledge of synthesizing qualitative and quantitative research to define gaps in usability, customer desires, identifying strategic opportunities;
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, etc;
- Experience working with design systems is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of recent design trends and eagerness to learn, improve, and evolve with the design industry as it progresses;
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
A little bit about you:
- You love the idea of being part of a global team with an open, inclusive, and creative environment;
- You have a solid portfolio that tells a great story and gives insight into the decisions you’ve made during your design process;
- You want to practice user-centric design and are laser-focused on improving the user experience with existing and new functionality;
- You are passionate about solving problems while balancing all facets of the user experience (strategy, research, UI and UX design);
- You are passionate about collaborating with and learning from other designers and team members and understand that this is an integral part of your role.
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Telemedicine online platform
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Opportunities to learn, expand your skill-set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!