You will be a key member of a mighty People and Culture team providing generalist strategy and support in multiple key areas for our teams in APAC. As the People Business Partner, you will be the main contact for all people-related projects in APAC and will partner with People and Culture colleagues around the globe and key stakeholders and leaders to deliver an HR service in line with the needs and priorities of our growing teams.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to leadership and play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness within your client groups
- Leads the recruitment process from requirements gathering all the way to offer acceptance in collaboration with hiring managers
- Drive proactive conversations with business leaders in a predictable way around People data for their respective client groups
- Leverage data to drive strategy and change
- Drive and aligns vision P&C strategic vision for functional area
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders on employee related initiatives with your communication, coaching and influencing skills, and offer thought-leadership in areas such as Career development, Performance review process, Employee engagement surveys, Compensation management, etc.
- Be the first line of contact in Human Resources for any employee relations’ issues
- Own employee lifecycle support and administration for APAC (new hire documents, onboarding, changes, updates, time off management, leaves and terminations), involving preparation of documentation, tracking/processing information and electronic record-keeping.
- Take on any additional special projects as required by the client groups or P&C team
- Partners with Functional leaders to drive organizational design activities (succession planning, Talent development)
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 6 to 8 years experience in a HR generalist and People Business Partner function within a software technology company, some Talent Acquisition experience.
- Bachelor degree in HR or related discipline
- Experience working on large and potentially complex projects that span across the organization
- Knowledge of labour regulations in Australia
- Experience in Employee Relations
- Experience in managing complex law issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly build rapport with various types of personalities and with executives
- Ability to act as strategic partner to the business
- Drives engagement
- Building credibility with managers and executives
- Ability to have difficult conversations and provide feedback
- Out of the box and forward thinking
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in a high-growth company
- Experience working with Business Process Outsourcing
- Experience leading a team
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Brew up? We have a full self-service cafe set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters (think Mecca, Sample, Industry Beans etc.), with our very own coffee experts floating around to teach you a trick or two
- Gelato Messina fridge stocked with new flavours on a regular basis
- Fully stocked fridge of different craft beers #PoweredByLightspeed
- Work hard and play hard with table tennis and foosball
- Organised activities such as hackathons, board game nights
- Awesome office space located in Chippendale, NSW
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!