Lightspeed is a dynamic, innovative and fast-paced global technology company. We’re helping to shape the future at Lightspeed by building an unparalleled People & Culture team. Lightspeed is seeking a full-time People & Culture Coordinator (PCC) in either CST or EST time zones. The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational skills, has high respect for confidentiality and is extremely attentive to detail. Reporting to the Manager of Talent Operations & Compliance, the P&C Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the People & Culture functions to ensure our department is organized and operating efficiently.
The successful candidate will be the right hand to the People Business Partners, Payroll and People Ops team members, assisting with the complete employee lifecycle administration from onboarding sessions to HRIS data integrity and reporting. This role is a key support to the function that cares for our greatest asset: our people!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Own employee lifecycle support and administration for a specific region (new hire paperwork, onboarding, role/salary changes, profile updates, time off management, leaves and terminations), involved in preparation of documentation, tracking/processing information and electronic record-keeping.
- Generating reports as required to support People Partners and Leadership teams.
- Assist in coordination of employee programs that may include training, recognition, DEI, volunteering, and wellness programs.
- Perform audits on system information/contents to ensure data integrity while maintaining strict confidentiality and building upon our internal control mechanisms.
- Create and iterate documentation for current and future-state people processes and workflows connected to the employee lifecycle, people data, systems and technology.
- Identify, recommend and proactively take initiative for process and workflow improvements that will allow us to scale and support our significant growth goals.
- Support global compliance efforts through close collaboration with our Legal team.
- Respond to audit or information requests from Finance, Legal, Internal Audit, or external auditors.
- Participate in organization-wide projects that require cross-departmental support and alignment.
- Assist in preparation for presentations to the business, exposing people data and results.
- Provide general administrative support to the People team and take on special People projects as needed.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Proven experience in HR, Administration or Executive Assistant experience
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Discretion and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to use/learn a variety of programs, including (but not limited to): MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheets/Docs, HRIS (BambooHR, ADP, Paylocity or Workday), Greenhouse (ATS)
- Intermediate experience with excel or strong comfort and desire to learn
- Experience with US compliance and employment laws
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Even better (but not necessary) if you have:
- University degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- A HR Certification is a plus
- Experience handling sensitive documents
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with global mobility
- Experience with HR systems and data
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- Linkedin learning license
- Volunteer days
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!