Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Partner Development Manager to join their dynamic, fast-growing partnership team. In this role you are responsible for the recruitment and development of new commercial partnerships that drive merchants to Lightspeed.
A Partner Development Manager’s primary focus is the recruitment of new partners to join the Lightspeed partner program. Each partner may have an individual Go-To-Market program that aligns the prospects’ goals and incentivizes them to bring retailers and restaurateurs to the Lightspeed POS & Payments platform. As a Partner Development Manager you will be responsible for hunting new prospects, building and managing a pipeline, presenting and clearly articulating Lightspeed’s value proposition. You will need to have a deep understanding of a potential partner’s goals, Lightspeed’s products and the point of sale. A successful partner is engaged with Lightspeed, refers to consistent business and represents our products appropriately to our target market.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and managing a prospect pipeline from initial contact to a producing partner
- Sourcing new reseller partnerships that lead to month over month business to Lightspeed
- Develop and negotiate commercial partnerships that are mutually beneficial, which drive new merchants to Lightspeed
- Achieving a revenue quota as defined by management
- Manage a pipeline with providing monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline reporting and forecasts to leadership
- Manage/oversee the onboarding of new partners, including training, integration and go to market strategy
- Ensure smooth handover to the allocated Partner Trainer, Partner Growth Manager and Partner Marketing Manager
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and act as an advocate for those partners within Lightspeed
- Responsible for delivering defined ROI, key learning’s, reporting and evaluation of partnership impact to drive market share growth, brand awareness and sales
- Strong understanding of current trends, patterns, and events in the industry
- Deep understanding of the payments industry with positioning of Lightspeed payments to prospective partners
- Attend marketing and industry events
- Be a subject matter expert in the POS domain to understand how Lightspeed’s suite of products can be applied to all stages of our customer’s retail or restaurant operations
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
What you need to bring:
- High degree of initiative and self-direction
- Experience in B2B relationship building skills
- Ability to develop comprehensive reseller growth strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and group presentation skills
- Fluency in English and local language of the assigned territory
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- SaaS sales experience
- Software sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Retail, Restaurant or E-Commerce experience
- Payment processing background with an understanding of types of payment companies and what makes an ideal Lightspeed payments reseller
- Sales trained (Sandler, SPIN etc.)
- Fluency in other languages to English
What's in It for You?
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Access to life and health insurance from day one of employment
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform providing counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- RRSP Contribution Program
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Fully stocked fridge, free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!