Lightspeed is on the hunt for a Junior Risk Underwriter to join our Payments Operations team. You will play an integral role in the preliminary risk assessment process. You will interact with the sales teams to help potential payment customers secure payment products and services. Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes billions in transaction volume. We are looking for a candidate who can help support the team, contribute to enhancing processes, and systems to ensure we effectively, profitably, and securely price, evaluate risk and underwrite our clients.
You will work on Compliance and Underwriting functions and initially examine sub-merchant applications for legal compliance requirements and adherence to individual company guidelines. This role is critical to the Lightspeed customer journey by facilitating the onboarding and account maintenance experience for payment services.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Correspondence with potential payments customers to gather supporting documentation to complete the adjudication process.
- Act as a liaison from Payments Operation to complete new and existing merchant management tasks.
- Perform various account maintenance tasks across multiple systems with an attention to details.
- Maintain good relationships with various teams including responding to questions and concerns that may be urgent in nature.
- Conduct risk assessment and decisioning of low risk applications in the underwriting queue within assigned businesses, in line with acceptable risks as defined within the payment operation policies.
- Perform due diligence in support of all sub-merchant applications.
- Contribute to operational improvements to streamline procedures/processes and enhance service.
- Protect the interests of Lightspeed by ensuring the application is being adjudicated in accordance with assigned discretionary limits and established guidelines.
- Escalate with recommendation those applications that exceed discretionary limits and established guidelines.
- Strong credit and risk acumen, good knowledge of risk and underwriting analysis.
- Strong knowledge of various sanction lists and compliance policy.
- Strong knowledge of products, end to end processes and systems.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, in English and French.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 1-3 years in FinTech, Lending or within the Banking industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other business-related field
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Additional written and spoken language, such as Dutch or Spanish.
What’s in it for you
Payments Operations members benefit from a lot of autonomy, flexible work culture in an environment that promotes the professional and personal growth of each co-worker.
Other benefits of being a Lightspeeder are:
- Growth opportunities into technical or people management roles.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders.
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!