Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place
*Please note, this position does require some in-office work*
Lightspeed is looking for an IT Purchasing Coordinator to join our rapidly scaling team. The successful candidate will be providing timely assistance in supporting the global IT team and the IT Asset Coordinator. The candidate should have experience with inventory management and purchasing IT related equipment. The candidate should also have experience managing vendor and key internal stakeholder relationships.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving the customer and employee experience.
The candidate will work within the global IT team and report to the NOAM IT Service Desk Manager.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Manage purchase requests for Lightspeed employees and the Global IT team.
- Assess and review IT hardware quality, specifications and pricing options on an ongoing basis.
- Support the IT Service Desk by maintaining inventory in multiple office locations.
- Assist in the management of all IT assets throughout their entire lifecycle from purchasing to disposal.
- Assist in the development of procedures and policies to ensure that the company is following IT asset fulfillment, deployment, and replacement policies.
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders, the procurement team, and vendors across the globe.
- Research opportunities to maximize the usage of hardware assets and increase efficiencies.
- Provide support for the creation of asset management processes, such as routine inventory with existing and new solutions.
- Ensure all IT asset related practices follow and adhere to any compliance protocols, and policies.
- Prepare reports and participate in regular IT asset and purchasing reviews.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Hands-on IT purchasing experience
- Working experience with request management
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Technical expertise and knowledge of key hardware vendors
- Demonstrated high-level of detail orientation and organizational skills
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with IT Service Management fundamentals
- Experience working with G-Suite, Onelogin, Slack, Coupa, and ServiceNOW
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented; comfortable leading cross-functional projects
- Systems-thinker motivated by solving complex problems and building scalable processes
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- Linkedin learning license
- Volunteer days
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!