As an Integration Architect on the Information Systems team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a HUGE impact across the entire business as we move to the next generation of systems. Lightspeed is fully committed to an exciting Digital Transformation across all our lines of business.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with solution architects, product managers, product designers, software developers and other stakeholders throughout the software development process
- Work with enterprise architecture on long-term planning and conformance
- Ensure technical considerations are communicated, and implementation conforms with design, long-term objectives, and enterprise architecture
- Coach development team on best integration best practices and patterns
- Provide technical leadership to transformation program from an integration perspective
- Lead integration practices through EDA and microservices
- Responsible for integration strategy; contribute to architectural standards, principles, practices, and architectural templates
- Design integration solutions leveraging forward-looking design patterns and integration styles, and implement separation of concerns to ensure minimal complexity and optimal performance, reliability, reusability, supportability, and security
- Design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate API and integration projects
Technical leadership in a project environment
- Act as an expert in reference to all aspects of integration
- Influence choice of products and frameworks, from an integration perspective
- Influence functional requirements and translate into integration requirements
- Create effective solutions through understanding of business needs and technology capabilities; drive solutions that minimize coding and customization
- Document technical risks, architecture diagrams, architectural decisions, and go live plans
- Ensure solution conforms to enterprise architecture, and passes architecture review board
- Provide input and solution guidance to the development team
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Computer Science, MS degree or equivalent
- Vulnerability (acceptance of mistakes) and accountability
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to resolve problems and make decisions
- 10 years of experience delivering IT solutions, of which 5 as a integration architect
- Deep knowledge of modern integration techniques including EDA and event streaming, integration patterns (both sync and async)
- Deep knowledge of microservices architecture, API strategies, and RESTful principles
- Excellent data modeling and transformation skills
- Experience designing integration solutions using MuleSoft and other integration platforms
- Experience securing and managing APIs via MuleSoft API Manager or equivalent
- Experience with cloud development and platforms (AWS, GCP…)
- Experience integrating Netsuite, Salesforce, and payment, billing and subscription management systems (Zuora, Stripe)
- Strong experience in technical analysis, prototyping, build and release, quality processes, automation, task estimation, maintenance and support
- Experience with agile development, scrum, DevOps, and CI/CD
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with Identity-As-A-Service systems such as Auth0, Okta, OneLogin..
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with technologies in the enterprise integration world (certifications, training)
- Strong development experience
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!