We are looking for an instructional designer who is data-driven, comes from a teaching or training background, and is passionate about making learning an invigorating and empowering experience. You will collaborate with subject matter experts, developing instructional material, co-ordinating educational content, and evaluating current training. Our successful candidate will have about 2 years’ experience, or relevant courses in designing training solutions and re-evaluating course material using learning metrics to guide them. The candidate will be part of the training team supporting global stakeholders and assisting with incorporating business initiatives into training strategy. Some travel may be required.
- Analyse gaps in knowledge for various departments across the company;
- design courses in collaboration with managers & stakeholders;
- create new training materials to align with business needs & stakeholders;
- implement scalable and repeatable training initiatives;
- evaluate the effectiveness of training against business outcomes and implement improvements as needed;
- enable managers to become effective facilitators of learning;
- assist in creating a standard for measuring learning.
- 2+ years of experience using adult learning theory in the design of training materials;
- certification in Instructional Design;
- experience with OS X and iOS operating systems;
- strong presentation skills in English;
- ability to explain complicated procedures in a clear, understandable manner;
- ability to use to create learning resources in SCORM or xAPI file format;
- proven ability to correlate training to business impact using data analytics;
- strong level of autonomy with the ability to drive projects with limited guidance;
- skilled at collaborating on multiple projects across departments;
- ability to work remotely and in a team environment;
- tracks and applies the latest research in learning & development;
- ability to use MS Office (Excel, Word etc) and G - Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Drive etc).
- Experience in implementing an xAPI ecosystem (LRS, LMS etc);
- experience in Learning Analytics and Data;
- experience in Agile content creation;
- experience of retail and hospitality industry;
- experience with one-on-one and classroom training;
- proficient in German, Dutch or French
What is in it for you?
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
- a starterpack; whether you're a noob or a veteran, we treat you the same!