As part of Lightspeed’s Golf product group, you will contribute to initiatives that will expand our reach within the golf market while enhancing our cloud based management software. We’re looking for an architect to help Lightspeed Golf make critical framework decisions and shape our technical future. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Act as a technical lead for the front-end team and drive the architecture and best practices
- Help define a critical strategy to onboard new and old applications on Lightspeed design System
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing new features on our back office and marketplace applications.
- Report to the Development Manager and have frequent interactions with Product Managers, Product Designers, Customer Service as well as Platform Teams.
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies and share new ideas based on your knowledge and experience.
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 7+ years of professional experience, though it's more important what you know and what you can do.
- Experience with migrations between frameworks
- Senior experience with Angular & Typescript
- Critical thinking regarding UI and UX
- Experience delivering product features
- Experience mentoring or coaching team members
- Excellent communication skills
Even better, but not necessary
- Experience with React
- Experience with Design Systems
- Skills in UI building (HTML, CSS)
*Not sure if you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Innovation time to explore and learn at work
- Shaping the company by joining cultural & technical committees
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Our Golf software offers a competitive advantage in an industry where pen and paper is still a thing. A strong integration with our POS and Restaurant systems make it a de-facto choice for golf clubs who want a cloud-based centralized management software for their facility. A strong and growing team of 60 people, you will feel the drive of our go to market team, the serenity of our customer success team, and the meticulous attention of our product team!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!