Lightspeed is looking for a passionate and high-energy Event Specialist, with strong organization skills.
Reporting directly to the Head of Global Corporate Events.
This event professional will help manage the planning and execution of virtual and physical Global Corporate events such as the: Annual: Lightspeed flagship conference, the Global & Regional Partner Summits, the Global Sales Summit, the HQ Holiday celebration, the Investors Relations special events and People & Culture special events.
The ability to create experiences with impact, while carrying the brand and messaging through all levels of execution, is key.
The ideal candidate will have high attention to detail, work well under pressure, meeting tight and multiple deadlines while ensuring smooth and efficient execution of events and projects.
This position requires hands-on contract negotiation skills, close collaboration with internal customers and the sales & marketing organization.
Only those with the required experience will be contacted. Prior experience and a track record of success with events will be a critical evaluation criteria.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
Virtual & physical events:
- Support and coordinate virtual and physical corporate events
- Coordinate internal & external guest speakers: meetings scheduling and pre-show rehearsals
- Coordinate timelines and communication plan
- Coordinate the planning and execution of all assets with the designated teams via Jira and Monday (project management systems)
- Coordinate marketing deliverables with (content, design, social media, project manager, marketing automation, acquisition, etc.)
- Coordinate merchandising production (banners, goodies, trophies)
- Set up the webinar platform pre & post event; schedule the dry-run, support the team before, during and post-event
- Create event registration pages
- Collect and “clean up” the registration and attendees lists
- Admin: work with accounts payable and procurement: Purchase order creation, follow-up on invoices payment, contracts signature tracking, coordinate suppliers and admin relation.
- Work with People & Culture employees data and lists management
- Coordinate communication with the employees
- Coordonate sponsorships
- Create Google form surveys
- Update the events page on the company website for corporate events
- Maintain all templates and guides up to date for the corporate events team
- Participate to weekly meetings with the project management team
- Measure success and KPIs for each event - competitive analysis and improvement of current events
Physical events (the above +):
- Coordinate logistics, shipping, invoicing, promotional materials, staffing and travel arrangements
- Coordinate production team and speakers needs on site
- Control and maintain event materials inventory (promotional items, literature & show hardware)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Event, Marketing or related field
- 2 - 3 years of experience in marketing and event planning
- Strong analytical skills - ability to understand, measure and report on KPIs
- Excellent English & French writing and communication skills
- Can work independently, as well as in a team setting
- Solves unforeseen situations as they arise in a calm and composed manner
- Capacity to juggle multiple projects and prioritize dynamically
- Work in a fast-paced environment and execute multiple events with competing priorities
- Results-oriented with a strong work ethic, and acute attention to detail
- Comfortable traveling (you may be required to travel)
- Passion for technology
- Pardot & Salesforce
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and iOS, G-Suite, JIRA, Slack, GoToWebinar, WordPress, Monday.com, Confluence, Zoom Meetings and Webinars
- Retail or Restaurant experience
- Strong interest in arts and entertainment trends
- Strong interest for virtual events and new platforms
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!