Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Data Analyst to join our Growth Marketing Team. With ownership of reporting and analysis for marketing data, you'll conduct analysis and support our key lead generation activities. If you love digging into the root causes of problems, finding patterns, and working with multiple teams, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Lead the development of new reporting and dashboards to analyze our Marketing effectiveness and support our full funnel programs.
- Generate reports on marketing KPIs like leads, conversion rates, website traffic and content engagement on a weekly and monthly basis
- Structure complex, ambiguous marketing questions and leverage analytical skill set to drive insightful analyses.
- Evaluate and improve data quality, completeness, compliance and cleanliness in Google Analytics, Salesforce, and other systems.
- Focus on continuous improvement of existing processes and collaborate with Marketing to create new processes with a focus on automation and acceleration of the business.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Advanced SQL skills (Asset: Experience with BigQuery and GCP)
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into data requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Looker or other BI tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Strong expertise with data analysis
- Experience with Google Analytics, or other web analytics tool
- Knowledge of conversion rates, web metrics and other marketing metrics
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with Python, R or other programming language
- Experience in digital marketing
- Experience in A/B testing
Who you are
- Great at understanding business context
- Willingness to learn new data systems
- Ability to take directions and to communicate issues
- Ability to work independently
- Great attention to data accuracy and integrity
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Strong analytical skills and organisational skills
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set in data and technology, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- Join a recently created data team and help us move to the next level
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your data skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!