Hey! Welcome to Lightspeed! 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just looking around? or just looking at what the market has to offer at the moment? We would love to speak to you
With teams around the world, Lightspeed is a global business which provides a one-stop commerce platform to entrepreneurs in hospitality, e-commerce, and retail. Lightspeed is an organisation that has experienced significant growth with more than 2,500 employees in more than 14 countries worldwide.
Join our mission to build and power communities through commerce as our Country Manager for our English speaking regions across the UK, IRE and the rest of EMEA. We believe that commerce powers communities. We are passionate about people and technology, and how that combination helps businesses to grow and be impactful in an ever-changing and challenging environment. Reporting to the Head of Hospitality in EMEA, you will be responsible for leading a growing and dynamic team focused on revenue generation in the English speaking markets across EMEA. As a seasoned and driven people leader, you have deep knowledge of how to position a company to win in high growth SMB markets by enabling them to achieve revenue goals and operational excellence.
With experience in selling technology-based solutions, knowledge of the Hospitality Industry and a high-energy personality, you will thrive in our fast-paced Sales environment and help us build out remarkable growth across the UK and IRE and the broader EMEA region.
What you’ll be responsible for:
You will be responsible for the success of Lightspeed’s expansion in the English markets. To meet and exceed sales quotas, you will manage and oversee the full sales cycle in these markets.
- Become Subject Matter Expert of Lightspeed products to understand how Lightspeed’s suite of products can be applied to all stages of sales accounts –attracting, engaging, converting, growing and retaining accounts;
- Push new ways of management, bring inspiration to develop new ways of challenges and incentives to drive performance and growing teams;
- Provide Sales Leadership to a growing international team of sales professionals;
- Develop and structure accurate forecasts and manage sales activities in Salesforce;
- Successfully deliver subscription revenue against monthly, quarterly and annual targets;
- Own hiring and staffing according to territory plans & needs of the business within the English Market;
- Manage individual performances and build out high class engaged sales teams;
- Provide training and coaching to achieve targets or raise the bar;
- Know the specifics of each area of market; identify market trends and potential, develop pipelines and initiate actions for the team to grasp opportunities. As one of the team, you join the action and provide assistance where needed.
- Partner with cross functional leadership to ensure all departments feel engaged and represented.
What about your team?
You will be in close contact with senior management and actively contribute as an expert of insights of local business strategies. You will be part of the full sales cycle and expand local growth of: Direct sales, Account Management, Partnerships, Customer Success and Operations teams. The Lightspeed sales team is a group of experienced business developers passionate about Hospitality, Entrepreneurship, Technology and, above all else, our Customers.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience in a solution-sales / technology-related environment;
- High interest for new technologies;
- Experience and knowledge of the Hospitality sector
- Experience with Salesforce.com; pipeline management, forecasting and reporting;
- Great communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate ideas into actions and measurable objectives. You know how to make your team hungry and hit targets as well as taking their input!
- Experience with and solid understanding of quoting, invoicing, and purchasing;
- Proven track record of successfully selling into the English market;
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Open availability - Ready to get started with flexibility to travel regularly.
You will definitely stand out if you bring:
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and iOS;
- Experience with SaaS;
- Retail and/or Restaurant experience;
- Understanding of accounting principles;
- Database, POS, or ERP system experience.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your skills and experience, you will be offered an attractive compensation package with base salary and a rewarding bonus opportunity. You will also be getting access to a long term equity incentive. We are open to discuss other workplace benefits including; flexible working hours, autonomy in working and holidays.
We’ve been successful at empowering employees to take ownership of their work and the results they deliver, so we plan on continuing to trust you to have great autonomy. This is a great opportunity for you to actively take ownership of sales and impact our global growth journey.
If this all sounds good and you are looking to make an impact in our dynamic, rewarding, fast growing company: Apply and let’s meet!
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs every day;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy, and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Company pension program
- Health and wellness benefit
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Unlimited Holidays
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!