Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a full-time Accounts Payable Clerk. As the AP Clerk, you will manage outgoing payments and help control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. You will also play a large role in implementing a new expense software. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this may be the position for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Complete monthly credit card reconciliations, including journal entries
- Credit Card process – analyze and propose process enhancements with regards to the corporate credit card program.
- Verify, code, and match invoices; data entry in accounting system (ERP = NetSuite & Coupa)
- Review invoice approvals to ensure DOA policy is respected.
- Complete monthly payment reconciliations
- Produce A/P listings and reconciliations, including monthly variance analysis
- Produce accruals for month-end close
- Work directly with the accountants to ensure adequate cash balances are available for forecasted payments
- Manage employee expense reimbursements
- Draft, update and maintain Accounts Payable process documentation
- Prepare cheque runs and deposits and wire transfers
- Maintain vendor accounts
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 3 - 5 years experience with Accounts Payable or similar position
- DEC or B.Comm in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Credit Card Process – reconciliation, setting up procedures, managing cards.
- Experience in Accounts Payable system implementation
Who you are:
- An excellent English communicator skills (oral and written)
- Good comprehension of French
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Time management and organization skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality; adept at handling sensitive documents and information
Even better if you have, but not required:
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa & Corporate Credit Card program.
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Immediate access to health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid parental leave top-up program
- Telemedicine online platform
- Mental health online platform (including counselling & coaching services)
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Paid volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!