Hey! Welcome to Lightspeed! 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just looking around? or just looking at what the market has to offer at the moment? We would love to speak to you
Lightspeed is a global business that provides a one-stop commerce platform to entrepreneurs in hospitality, e-commerce, Golf and retail. Lightspeed is an organization that has experienced significant growth with more than 2,500 employees in more than 14 countries worldwide.
Lightspeed’s customer base across Europe is growing rapidly. We are looking for an Account Manager to nurture and develop our existing accounts.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Lightspeed’s products help to make the workflow of entrepreneurs smarter and more effective which helps to grow the customer’s business. Having a genuine interest in the entrepreneurial market, you will actively maintain and develop existing relationships and achieve success together. As an Account manager, you play a key role in managing the customer’s goals and happiness.
- You will be responsible for a full book of business, actively identifying opportunities and coaching merchants. You will also provide them with recommendations on how to build and implement the right tactics to grow their business forward and ensure repeating business.
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of industry trends and acting as a trusted advisor to lead one-on-one presentations.
What you’ll bring to the team:
We expect you to be an expert in developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of decision-makers, by preference entrepreneurs or SMB’s; Experience and knowledge from a Retail or Hospitality environment is a recommended plus. You understand their needs and have an eye for opportunity.
- #Sales: Experience in Account Management; You are familiar with the full sales cycle in B2B; customer relationship management, quotation preparation, negotiations, cross-sell and upsell.
- #Language: You have a book of business within the local market and work along with local entrepreneurs. This requires speaking and writing in the local language, together with business English.
- #Drive: Perseverance and Energy, we promise you that no day is the same - Lightspeed is an energetic environment with an open feedback culture and room for initiatives and ideas.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Fluent in other languages; French, German
- Bachelor's degree
What's in it for you?
You will learn everything about us, our story, the colleagues, our workflow and you will receive a practical onboarding. We have the energy of an innovative start-up and the expertise and capabilities of a global scale-up. The result: a team of both young and experienced professionals led by supportive and approachable managers who recognize and reward your work.
You will be part of a team that likes to work together, help each other, share insights and achieve success. Before you know it, we'll be celebrating your first deal together!
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs every day
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy, and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Company pension program
- Health and wellness benefit
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Unlimited Holidays
- Read more about all Lightspeed benefits on our career page
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!